It’s been several years since I attended the Friends of Steve McQueen Car & Motorcycle Show,. The event has been held every year since 2008 at the Boy’s Republic, which is only a couple of miles away from my home. I will be covering the event this year as a contributing writer/photographer for Sports Car Digest.
Along with SCD, I will be posting a brief write up here and several images – the majority being posted at my website, victorvarela.com and available for purchase.
Here’s more about the Friends of Steve McQueen Car Show.
About the Show
The Friends of Steve McQueen Car Show is an automotive gathering held in early June to raise funds for Boys Republic, a private, non-profit, nonsectarian community for at-risk boys and girls ages 13-17. Established by members and friends of the (Porsche) 356 Club of Southern California, the event attracts automobile, motorcycle and off-road motorsports enthusiasts from throughout the U.S. This year’s event is themed from the movie The Thomas Crown Affair.
June 07, 2014 – Boys Republic Campus, Chino Hills, CA
Every summer the Friends of Steve McQueen Car Show brings thousands of spectators to the Boys Republic campus, where 16 year-old Steve McQueen spent time as a student in 1946. Since its start in 2008, the event has raised over $285,000 and has helped to attract corporate interest resulting in donations of skilled labor and building materials through the Lowe’s Heroes community improvement project valued at more than $100,000.00.
- Porsche 356 Club of Southern California
- 911 R Gruppe
- Cars ‘n Coffee
- Porsche Club of America, Grand Prix Region
- 6:00 AM Gates open for display cars, sponsors & vendors only
- 8:00 AM Gates open for general admission
- 1:30 PM Awards ceremony
- 3:00 PM Scheduled show end time
Admission / Costs
- Spectator Parking: Free
- Spectator Admission: $10.00
- Children 12 and Under: Free
- Car Show Contestant Entry: $50.00 – Includes entry for driver and one passenger (pre-registration deadline May 22th 2013)
- Motorcycle Entry: $25.00 – Includes Cycle and Rider
[source: The Friends of Steve McQueen Car Show]